Pages

1/23/2008

Bazillion Books


We love books at our house. The problem was, though, that before we had these shelves built, we had to dig through boxes and boxes filled with books to find the one we were looking for. Not very convenient to go search under Biology textbook after Biology textbook to find the next Nancy Drew book in the series. You can see why this bookshelf is such a blessing! Lane, James, and I helped our Dad build them, and Mom painted them. We also made the shelves with spaces and drawers underneath for games(our Game closet was overflowing with games!) . We dusted off the books and set them in order. Now we have a sturdy bookshelf that's a whole lot nicer to look at than stacks of books piled in heaps!





1 comment:

Name: Karen said...

I LOVE it Claire! When Uncle Blair got me some bookcases this past summer, it revolutionized our life w/books. I was so frustrated w/having the books but never reading them b/c I could never find them.

Isn't it great! They look wonderful. Which room did you build them in? I can't tell from the picture?

Love you,
Auntie karen